Dec 20, 2009

Oh, Sweet Sweet Oxygen



The other day I was typing on the computer and doing some kind of shopping. Tamara had just bought her new boots and she was so excited to get them. While she was out shopping for new boots she also bought a can of waterproofing to keep them dry. The purpose of this purchase was to have a pair of boots she could tuck her pants into and walk to and from the car through snow or rain or whatever. So Tamara comes up to me while I am on the computer and asks me if she should just spray her boots inside. Now remember it is December and we are in Utah so it is freezing outside and it was already around 10 o'clock at night so I can see why she didn't want to go out side to do it. I of course said no no, you need to go out side to spray them because of the fumes. She then looks at the spray bottle for a while and replies. No I don't, it says right here, "breathable." I almost choked to death on my own spit from laughing so hard. I was picturing someone who was running out of oxygen with a can of boot waterproofing up to their mouth breathing in the "breathable" fumes. For those of you that still do not understand, "breathable" on waterproofing means that the boots can still breath through the waterproofing, like Gortex. They are waterproof yet still let moisture out. Needless to say every time I hear of think of breathable anymore I get a nice laugh.

7 comments:

Maegan said...

oh my word. i have tears in my eyes! i can't believe you didn't call me to tell me this story right after it happened! i think this is my favorite tamara story. "i almost choked to death on my own spit." hahaha!!

Maegan said...

oh, and tell T her boots are cute!

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamara said...

To my defense (a little) I realized what "breathable" meant after I said it. Still...I'm a loser.

Ben said...

T, you need to get out more! BTW I like the new layout!

Katy said...

I did't know that you had a blog. Fun! This story is hilarious. Love it and love you guys!!!

Katy said...

wow...typo. I meant "didn't." I am not trying out a new accent.

Post a Comment