Dec 28, 2010

Fish Can Be Caught in the Winter

Went fishing today and had a pretty good day for it being the middle of winter. Caught quite a few browns and actually more bows than anything. My hands were frozen but it was worth it.



Catching a little brown. The fishing action isn't great but I just like to listen to the water in this video. This sound is why I love going fishing.



This is the first fish I caught. Most of the fish were around 9-10 inches. They were starting to loose their color. One brown I caught was very dull all the way till the last 2 inches of his tail which were still a bright vibrant color.

An example of one of the bows I caught. Not many big fish but plenty of fish this size. And who can argue when it is freezing outside and there is snow on the ground. I was glad to land any fish today.

The water slashes up and freezes on over hanging grass and trees causing these beautiful upside down ice sickles.

The water from my line froze to my snake guides. I had to have de-icing breaks every now and then. Did I mention it was cold outside?


Snow bank. Didn't catch any fish here and actually not so many in the usual spots. The sun being out was a nice touch on such a cold day up the canyon.

Took this on my walk back to the car. This is from the road looking down on the creek. This canyon is so close to the house and I am glad to have so many beautiful things so close to home.



On a closing note I thought everyone would enjoy seeing me do what I do best. First cast snag. Second cast stuck. You can hear my exhale of annoyance as I walk back to turn the camera off. Luckily I saved both nymphs. The only difference between fishing now and when I was younger is how many flies I go home with. Flies lost this trip...zero. I am either much better at retrieving my flies from the trees or more aware of how much it will cost me ($) if I leave it behind. Until next time.

2 comments:

Maegan said...

that sigh makes me laugh. you went through a lot of effort to record your fishing expedition this time. it was worth it!

Ben said...

You went without me AGAIN!

Post a Comment