May 12, 2012

Lake Fishing Amber Lake

Eastern Washington is loaded with lakes. Not so many rivers. That is what Idaho is for. Well the Idaho Rivers have the run-off going right now so they are almost all un-fishable. That leaves me Washington lakes and I don't know how to fly fish lakes. I went to the local fly shop, Silver Bow, and got the low down on what I needed to do to catch fish here. They showed me some fly patterns that I tied up and sent me on my way. The first trip to this lake produced nothing. The other anglers reported it as a slow day too so I didn't feel so bad. Here is my second trip to the lake. Success. My first trout from a lake using chironomids I tied. I caught a few and actually enjoyed myself. I learned a new skill that will benefit me when river fishing is impossible.
The big guy. All cutthroat. Thick as can be. Caught on an olive Anato-May.
My first trout in a lake caught on a size 22 olive chironimid.
Love catching these bad boys.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .

Post a Comment