Mar 20, 2011

Dewalt 12 volt Drill and Impact Driver

I have been looking at this drill set since Christmas. I read reviews and messed with them at Home Depot many times. Well, I finally bought them and I could not be more pleased. I will admit that I was a little nervous about the 12 volts not being enough power but these little drills out-power my Ryobi 18 volt drill.

Tamara wanted a sewing table for Christmas so this was my first project with the new drills. I put a drill bit in the impact driver and screw driver on the drill. The drills are so tiny that switching back and forth was a breeze. The lithium ion batteries are great. I have had this set for about a month and have done multiple projects and still have not needed to charge the batteries.
The table has fold out legs that more than triple the table top. Tamara can fit her serger and sewing machine on the bottom shelf and thread and all the other sewing stuff on the top shelf. It is on four casters so she can sew while watching a show.
Another one of the projects I did. I bought some guitar wall hangers at Bert Murdock Music and put my guitars on the wall. This cleared up a lot of floor space in the room and looks pretty good. Anyway, I put the hangers onto studs but my drill bit didn't reach the stud so I decided to test out the impact driver and drove 3 inch screws into the studs with no pre-drilling. The little 12V impact driver drove the screws in smoothly with no slowing. It was loud but all impact drivers are loud when they start driving.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

You Rock, Your Drills Rock, Everything Rocks!

Ben said...

Nice job on the sewing table! That came out really nice.

Post a Comment